How do I use a candle safely?
If you follow the instructions, you can enjoy your candle to the fullest. We may all be adults, but you are lighting something in your home. So let's give you a few safety tips:
- Candles and their containers are hot. Never place a lit candle right next to another. And never touch a candle jar while it's lit, and allow enough time for a candle to cool before touching it.
- Never leave burning candles unattended. Especially do not put them near an open window or in a draught.
- Never burn the candle to the bottom of the jar. Our candles last for a few hours, so don't panic. It's okay to leave the last piece.
What tips can I follow to get the most out of my candle?
You should enjoy your scented candle for as long as possible. So follow these simple instructions: it will make your candle smell better, last longer and fill your home with a beautiful atmosphere.
- Most people do not know this, and yet it is so important to remember: Wax has a memory. To ensure that no "tunnels" form, make sure that the wax is melted evenly from the wick to the edge of the candle.
- Before you light the candle, trim the wick to about 5mm. This should prevent black smoke and its residue. If you do not do this, the flame will be massive, the candle will burn strongly and can be dangerous. And if the wick is not in the middle of the candle, keep an eye on it.
- Make sure that the flame of your scented candle doesn't burn too high. This will cause your candle to burn unevenly and the candle glass to turn black with soot.
- Place your candle on a flat surface so that it can burn evenly.
- We recommend not letting the candle burn for more than 4 hours at a time. And when the wax is about to run out, don't let it burn all the way down, but replace it with a new one as soon as there is about 1 cm of wax left at the bottom.
- We have chosen an attractive design and size for our jars so that you can store pens, make-up brushes, hair utensils etc. in them. You can remove the remaining wax after placing the jar in the freezer for a few hours.
How can I prevent the wick from smoking?
Shorten the wick! Wicks are happiest when they are about 0.3 - 0.5cm tall.
Why does my wick sometimes form a mushroom shape?
This can happen when soot accumulates on the wick of your candle. Simply extinguish the candle, trim the wick and relight the candle.
How strong are the scents of the candles?
We put a lot of time into selecting and strength of each scent to get the dosage right. In general, we love scents that are not penetrating but leave an impression.
What sizes are the candles?
Currently our candles are available in one size. Our candles are poured into cylindrical jars that are 10cm high and 9cm wide. Each jar is filled with 270gr of wax and burns for approximately 50-60 hours.
How long do the candles burn?
The candles burn for about 50-60 hours, depending on care, wick size etc.